Re: configuration files

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 02:04:58 -0800 (PST)

:Booting a system now with this.
:
:This should also come in handy in what I told Simon and Eirik to hack
:on, if they were bored.  We need some way of selecting a profile at the
:start of the boot (or perhaps when it start the rc system).  That way
:you can easily say to a laptop that you are at home now, or at work, or
:at customer X' site.
:
:And for servers who only need one profile you could just set a variable
:which basically says, forget about the profiles.
:
:If other people feel like they want to hack on this, be my guest, it is
:sorely needed.
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono

    Well, a profile actually isn't that hard to do.  You can mock one up
    in /etc/rc.conf right now if you like.  After all, rc.conf is just
    a /bin/sh script... so you can easily generate variable sets based on
    if [ ... kenv and sysctl queries.