Re: sysinstall v2

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 21:44:58 -0400

At 8:35 PM -0400 9/3/03, Richard Coleman wrote:
 If apache was to be replaced, I would suggest finding a very
 basic, pure Python web server.  Something that is very easy
 to understand and modify.  I'm sure many people here could
 write one if necessary. Although a production web server is a
 big project, a simple web server is actually pretty easy.  It
 probably wouldn't take more than 300 lines of Python (probably
 much less).

I suspect this project's resources would be better spent using an already-existing web server. I have no suggestion of whether that should be apache or zope or thttpd (if we want something really small), but I don't think we bring any special ideas to the writing of a new web server. Even if that takes only 300 lines, I'd rather see those 300 lines spent on a "really Fly installer" than a hum-drum web server.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx