Re: sysinstall v2

From: Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 23:38:21 +0200

Lately Robert Garrett told:

> > 2. Apache needs to be brought in to the base.
> > 3. PHP4 needs to be brought in.
> > 4. Links/Elinks needs to brought in.
> oops I forgot python..

I don't want, by no means, start another bikeshed, just get some
clarification:

Is it decided that we will use a http:// based installation?
 - I guess yes, as Matt said he wanted it that way and because a lot of
   people agreed.

Are we fixed at Apache? I.e. don't we want to evaluate some thttpd?
 - Someway I remember reading that PHP4 should run as CGI, so some other
   server might as well do - on the other hand, Apache is well-known and
   tested and not *that* large, so this might not be an issue.

Is Python our backend scripting language of choice?

Do we want/need PHP4 when we have Python anyways?
 - PHP might be better for templating, tho.

I don't want no bikeshed, again. Just some clear this-is-our-direction
statements from the masterminds.
The reply could then be put on the web page or whatever...

cheers
  simon

--
/"\   http://corecode.ath.cx/#donate