Re: new sysinstall

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:39:57 -0700 (PDT)

:Ivan Voras wrote:
:> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
:>
:>>Very cool, you guys can check on m0n0wall[1]. I like how he did it with
:>>PHP4 and XML. ;-) About the browser, it would be nice if it's something
:>>small and fast such as Opera, Dillo or so. Not sure about Opera's license
:>>for include in the CD, thought.
:>
:>
:> 'links -g' is *very* nice :)
:
:	Last time I checked, links(1) is a very good text browser, i.e.
:	better than lynx, but it's GUI is lacking support for displaying
:	Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) enhanced pages.
:
:	Thanks...
:
:--
:Hiten Pandya
:hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    I had some trouble compiling the port.  Apparently the -rpath option to
    cc does not work as expected, but if I hack the configure script to
    add -L/usr/local/lib before -lpng the port compiles.  It looks like one
    might also have to add softlinks in /usr/X11R6/lib for the png libraries.
    Weird.

    Ok, I am suitably impressed!  It doesn't do CSS, but what it does do is
    pretty damn good for a 2.7BM binary with only moderate dynamic link
    dependancies, and I can trivially add -static to the link line which
    results in a measily 4.7MB static browser with NO DLL dependancies.

    This is a winner in my book.  All we need is a bit of dynamic content
    to deal with the 'progress indicator' and we are set.