Re: new sysinstall

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 22:36:30 -0500

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 19:50:02 -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     Woa.  That was weird.  Sorry about the From: line.  In anyacse,
>     when I posted the 'sh' idea I totally forgot that we have php4
>     available, and some truely powerful things can be done in php4.

Yes and PHP5 is going to be pretty sweet. I have played with it very
little and I love PHP5's new OOP stuff. :-)

>     I believe that the actual backend control... installation of rc
>     variables, starting and restarting subsystems, and so forth, should
>     still be done by the RCNG scripts.  The more I think about it though
>     the more I like the idea of using PHP4, Apache, Lynx and/or a graphical
>     browser as the basis for the user installation code.

Very cool, you guys can check on m0n0wall[1]. I like how he did it with
PHP4 and XML. ;-) About the browser, it would be nice if it's something
small and fast such as Opera, Dillo or so. Not sure about Opera's license
for include in the CD, thought.

[1] http://m0n0.ch/wall/

Cheers,
Mezz