Re: Daily snapshots available

From: Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 18:39:17 +0200

Lately Matthew Dillon told:

> > Did you check the iso against the md5 sums in the checksum.md5 file?
> > Every time I downloaded an image via http, it was garbled, which
> > meant I burned a few coasters before figuring it out.
> >
> > Retrieving it via ftp seemed to work, though I have not yet
> > installed using the working disc.
>
>     Are you using 'fetch' to download via http?  'fetch' should
>     retrieve a binary exactly.
>
>     The snapshots should be considered highly experimental.

As I was checking, I noted a severe problem: Apache2 was serving garbled
data. I really don't know why and I'd appreciate any help on this area.

Anyways, stuff is still available on ftp, and this is not serving
garbage.

If somebody got time, please test this on current DFly:
- cd /usr/ports/www/apache2 && make install
- serve large files from apache2
and tell me whether you are getting garbage in the files or not. I don't
know if this is a kernel issue or apache2 or a combination.

cheers
  simon

ps: Apologies to all people who wasted time when fetching the garbage.

--
/"\   http://corecode.ath.cx/#donate
\ /