Re: Daily snapshots available

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:28:16 -0700 (PDT)

:> I just tried to boot on the kern.flp fetched from
:> <http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFlyBSD/snapshots/i386/2CSNAP-2
:> 0030829-0930/floppies/>.
:>
:> The machine hanged before the BTX loader banner showed up
:> (Just showing a single - sign)
:
:Did you check the iso against the md5 sums in the checksum.md5 file?  Every
:time I downloaded an image via http, it was garbled, which meant I burned a
:few coasters before figuring it out.
:
:Retrieving it via ftp seemed to work, though I have not yet installed using
:the working disc.

    Are you using 'fetch' to download via http?  'fetch' should retrieve a
    binary exactly.

    The snapshots should be considered highly experimental.