Re: Documentation Mailing Lists and Newgroups

From: mark@xxxxxxxxxx (Mark Valentine)
Date: 28 Aug 2003 05:54:43 GMT

In article <3f4ce859$0$269$415eb37d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Hiten Pandya  <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I am almost sure we will use the FreeBSD doc framework as a base, but to
>use XML as the primary format.

Isn't that like SGML without the user friendliness?  :-) :-) :-)

Is the desire to go to XML more because of the wider toolchain support (if
that is in fact a reality yet)?

I think I want SGML documents using an XML toolchain with a troff back end. ;-)

For my own use I can see myself brewing up lots of little private document
formats (light on syntax) with their own XML conversion scripts...  I like
to be able to see the words among the markup.

		Cheers,

		Mark.
--
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."
"We're kind of stupid that way."   *munch* *munch*