DragonFly BSD
DragonFly docs List (threaded) for 2004-11

Re: Wiki-fying docs

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:13:07 -0500 (EST)

>     But I don't think we
>     can use Wiki as a basis for the documentation... it doesn't have a
>     formal enough infrastructure to serve as a good basis.

Oh, I'm not suggesting _that_.  I just want to get over the hurdle of
adding documentation.  I've had a good number of people propose
documentation additions or new content, but none of it has happened,
because there's so many hoops to jump through.  I'm to the point where I
take plaintext from others and mark it up myself, and that's turning me
into a bottleneck.

Just having it on the web would be nice - I suspect a majority of the
usage comes from online reading, in any case.

>     If someone wants to write a Wiki-generator from the documentation and
>     a patch generator to deal with changes

Should be possible, as that's how Wikis work - tracking revisions.  I
guess I just cut this task out for myself.