Re: How to Correctly map sernos to device names

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 23:57:14 -0600

On 11/24/11 04:14, Siju George wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to correctly map /dev/serno to device names.

Also, provided you don't mind keeping a devfs.conf, You can also setup something like this:

link serno/6RY18WCV.s1d dev02.usr

this will create a '/dev/dev02.usr' link to

/dev/serno/6RY18WCV.s1d

so you don't have to remember the device names.

When I was setting this up, I couldn't determine
a way to map the root filesystem using devfs.conf
as the root filesystem is mounted before devfs.conf
applies - that being said I didn't really dig into the
code, etc - devfs guru's feel free to provide tips/pointers
if I'm mistaken.

Cheers,

- Chris