Re: cannot mount disk with hammer file system

From: Alex Hornung <ahornung@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 13:44:51 +0000

The issue boils down to VirtualBox not having the same serial numbers for disks as vmware does. You should be able to figure out which one the right one is by listing the da* and ad* devices in /dev from a live CD. Alternatively, if VirtualBox supports disk serial numbers, doing ls /dev/serno will yield the information, as others have told you.

By the way, if you have attached screenshots, they definitely haven't arrived here Can you please repost them somehow, possibly on imageshack or so and providing a link?

Kind Regards,
Alex Hornung