Re: System doesnt shutdown

From: Francisco Reyes <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 23:09:26 -0500

Dragon Fly writes:

I can't shutdown the system from kde control panel or by shutdown -p now. The system halts but it wont shut down.

New install? Did it used to work?

If a new install of Dfly, have you had any other OS previouly installed that honored shutdown of the hardware?

Although not with Dragonfly (newbie Dragonfly user...) once in while I have bumped into hardware that would have issues trying to turn the power off (have seen it with FreeBSD and Centos).