Re: USB image

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 00:10:35 -0400

On Wed, September 29, 2010 11:42 pm, Tomas Bodzar wrote:

> When someone wants to go deeply in some area then there is only one
> way - a lot of years of learning and experience. It does not change
> just because we have Internet and PR materials from stupid vendors
> talks lies. OS is very complex system - take it from the other side -
> flying is so easy (at least for birds); why do I need to learn that
> complicated stuff about mathematics, physic, meteorology and so on;
> why there is not one-click-button-to-fly airplane? How about space
> travelling? How about submarines? How about cars? Are you able to
> create your own on same level of quality as from those companies? No?
> Guess why - because you lack info and experience in that area as it's
> not so easy and not because someone wants to be rude against you.

The best answer when someone says "This doesn't work for me" isn't "You
don't know enough" but rather "Here, let me show you how."

To answer the original question, I haven't seen a USB drive solution that
didn't involve some other steps - many of them require a Windows user to
boot from a live CD image to use dd or equivalent to write to the USB
drive, or rarely have a specialized program to write it out (Mandriva).
I've heard of Linux installers that were able to understand a fat32 USB
drive if files were set up a particular way, but it didn't seem to be
easier overall.

This looks interesting:

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

Would it work with a DragonFly image?  Please, someone try this.