Re: pkgsrc builds for 2009Q3/i386 started

From: Saifi Khan <saifi.khan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:04:25 +0530 (IST)

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

> I have pkgsrc bulk builds for pkgsrc-2009Q3 started on avalon and
> df.v12.su, which should result in binary packages for 2.4 and 2.5 (on
> i386) showing up in the appropriate directories on
> http://avalon.dragonflybsd.org/packages in about a week.
>
> Going by Hasso's requests for changes, reports from the builds should be
> uploaded to http://avalon.dragonflybsd.org/reports too.  I don't have
> signing set up yet, but I will do that as soon as I know reports are being
> reliably created and uploaded.

Hi Justin:

Thats an awesome initiative from your side.

If one is working with a daily snapshot version, what is the
recommended way to pull in binary packages eg. editor, debugger,
irc client etc ?

or is it like,
lets say i'm using 20091015 snapshot and since 2.4.1 was
released on 20090930, hence one can use binary packages for 2.4
?

i'm leaning towards asking if there is something like a
'current' binary pkgsrc build envisaged or one should pull in
the pkgsrc-2009Q3 meta package (FreeBSD ports of Gentoo portage
like) and compile out the stuff one needs.

thanks
Saifi.