Update to the state of the pkgsrc

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:56:06 +0300

- I no longer have a hardware to do regular full pbulk builds from pkgsrc
  HEAD with DragonFly master.
- I no longer have much time to care about either.

This doesn't mean that I'll will not do anything any more etc, but I don't
have resources any more to care about pkgsrc for DragonFly community I
did up to now. Also I think that some things need to change to preserve
usability of pkgsrc at all for DragonFly users.

- Official (signed?) regular pbulk builds. The current situation really
  isn't acceptable. I'd never use packages from random source updated
  randomly (no security updates). Really.
- Public logs from all pbulk builds. The logs are there for reason. I
  don't see any in the avalon at the moment. How people should fix
  anything even if they care?
- Using bug tracking systems for pkgsrc bugs. I'd recommend using NetBSD
  GNATS for bugs which are addressed to the pkgsrc committers à la "here
  is a patch to make package x/y build on DragonFly" and
  bugs.dragonflybsd.org for reports which need to be investigated by
  DragonFly developers (à la "the package x/y doesn't build or work on
  DragonFly").

Once again - it doesn't mean that I quit or smth. I still can take care of
committing patches to the pkgsrc (you can kick me by mail if something is
stucked in the GNATS), I will continue to maintain my packages and doing
some general pkgsrc work. I just don't have a resources to continue
the "fix as much of pkgsrc as possible" work I did up to now. But it also
means that things will rotten quite fast in the pkgsrc. To preserve
usability of the pkgsrc, the help from community is very much needed.

--
Hasso Tepper