Re: required/suggested devfs userland tool functionality

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 10:03:39 -0700 (PDT)

:As a matter of fact I only intended to do partial string matching, at
:best a few special formatters or so to specify a beginning or end of a
:string.
:
:Do we need anything besides that? In my opinion you normally would
:want to match them by prefix or device group (ad*, da*, ...) or so, no
:need for fancy regexps... And also I'd prefer not having to rely on a
:daemon to do all the ruling, it's probably safer and easier to just
:load rules.

    * and ? wildcarding.  Here, you can adapt this code (change the
    copyright to the DragonFly general copyright and maybe fixup the
    capitalization in the procedure names to match kernel usage):

    fetch http://apollo.backplane.com/DFlyMisc/wildcmp.c

    While you could do simple prefix matching, my preference is to
    actually have */? wildcard support in there because it's a
    clearer format.