Re: OT - was Hammer or ZFS based backup, encryption

From: Dmitri Nikulin <dnikulin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:46:15 +1100

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Jeremy Chadwick <jdc@parodius.com> wrote:
> I'm a little surprised to see BSD put alongside Linux when it comes to
> "development pace".

Certainly, I don't mean that BSD is at all keeping pace with Linux in
the grand scheme, but for small to medium spec server installations,
FreeBSD in particular is very competitive. Having a stable btrfs will
push Linux very far ahead again, in my opinion.

--
Dmitri Nikulin

Centre for Synchrotron Science
Monash University