HAMMER hosed?

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:52:18 +0800

. .or perhaps not..

Have 120 GB HDD sliced for:

- FreeBSD

- DFLY with hammerfs

- OpenBSD

- NetBSD

FreeBSD installed last.

Unfortunately, did not think to do the within-slice partitioning for FreeBSD with DragonFly's modern toolset (..once bitten..)

Ergo, though I had FreeBSD NOT write bootblock or touch the MBR, it did munge the disklabel..

:-(

The DFLY bootloader I was using now throws 'invalid partition' and DFLY liveCD disklabel reports 'Bad magic number' for that slice.

Is there a way to edit that back to bootability w/o wiping out a full day's worth of installing Xfce4 and friends onto the hammerfs?

No backups - R&D critter only.

OTOH, no critical data, either - just pkg_add'ing everything I could think of to stress recent 2.3 DEVELOPMENT snapshot for prime-time-ability.

Which looks *very* good, BTW...

Thanks,

Bill Hacker