Re: keeping pkgsrc up to date

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:31:26 -0700

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:What do you use to keep your pkgsrc tree up to date?
:Anonymous cvs does work but is pretty slow.
:The cvsup mirrors seem to be rather busy.
:I used the mercurial repo at
:http://hg.scode.org/mirror/pkgsrc
:for some time, but it seems to be down now.
:
: Johannes

     I do an overnight anoncvs update.  It isn't the most efficient
     way to do it but I don't know of any other official way to do it.

I used to use cvsup from one of the NetBSD mirror sites, but I finally discovered that the cvsup mirrors for pkgsrc just didn't seem to update properly, so I switched back to anoncvs and the problem disappeared. Slower, but safer.