Re: Wake on LAN

To: Dmitri Nikulin <dnikulin@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 10:19:28 +0200

Dmitri Nikulin wrote:
On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:59 AM, Michael Neumann <mneumann@ntecs.de> wrote:
Well, my mainboard supports it, but by searching around on the web, a
lot a people have problems with getting it working (including me).

If the BIOS supports waking off PCI LAN cards you can pick one up for the cost of a sandwich.

BIOS says it supports that. Do you have recommendations for a special card? I think the Intel Gigabit Adapter would be a good choice!?

Does it work if you Suspend instead of Halting the machine? I don't
know if WOL is supposed to work from Suspend but if it did, it'd work
around your problem nicely.

I think I tried that as well with no success.

Thanks

Michael