Re: HAMMER lockup

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 23:31:00 -0700 (PDT)

:But then I tried to stress-test by downloading
:torrents and it caused a lockup. I could do nothing but reboot,
:afterwards the UNDO was re-run and all worked fine. I can reproduce it
:just by downloading with rtorrent.
:...
:--
:Gergo Szakal MD <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
:University Of Szeged, HU

     I'm going to continue working on the low-system-memory issues
     on Monday.  I whacked a bunch of them but there are still some
     VM deadlocks left related to the pageout daemon.

     If you are still getting lockups see if you can break into DDB
     and do a 'ps' to see what the processes are getting stuck in.
     In particular, write down the wmesg for the "hammer-S*" kernel
     threads, the pageout daemon, and the buf_daemon's (there are two
     of them).

     I have a pretty good idea what the cause of the VM deadlocks
     are but I don't know if VM deadlocks are causing the lockups you
     are seeing in your testing.

					<dillon@backplane.com>