HAMMER lockup

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 23:15:17 +0200

I've backed up my /home partition and formatted it as HAMMER. I
restored it and then moved some files around, did a prune-everything
and a reblock, all worked fine. (I love to see how hammer does NOT
stress the harddrive, as the LED rarely blinks. ;-)
However, 256M of RAM is not enough for HAMMER, but that's not a big
issue compared to ZFS.)

But then I tried to stress-test by downloading
torrents and it caused a lockup. I could do nothing but reboot,
afterwards the UNDO was re-run and all worked fine. I can reproduce it
just by downloading with rtorrent.
All I could obtain is some kernel messages:

found disconnected inode 000000010411441e
[diagnostic] cache_lock: blocked on 0xc1529aa8 "log.smbd"

log.smbd is strangely on a UFS partition.

I know this is hard to debug but posted here as maybe we can sort it out
anyway. I am glad to provide the information you need and perform the
necessary tests as there is no sensitive data on this rig.

--
Gergo Szakal MD <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
University Of Szeged, HU

/* Please do not CC me with replies, thank you. */