Re: Installation on Macbook Pro

From: Christopher Rawnsley <rawprawns@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:36:05 +0000

On 9 Mar 2008, at 21:10, Bill Hacker wrote:
I would actually recommend an external HDD on FW-800 or USB2.

I don't have one of those handy at the moment so I think I'll keep on trying without for the moment.

Apple marches to the beat of a whole different orchestra w/r disk layout & labels, so I had to do that to get FreeBSD/PPC or OpenBSD/ PPC up on my G4 PowerBook 17".

Ah maybe but I like to try none-the-less :)

And I don't use hfs at all - not even for OS X.

Mind me asking what you use and why?

DFLY - or any *BSD - needs only a fraction of the resources even a cleand-up and stripped-down OS X consumes.

Well I don't have any problems with it. Runs lovely and smooth. Of course, I would like to get DragonFly running like that too.

--
Chris