Re: request for some useful packages in livecd

From: "km b" <kmb810@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:47:59 +1000

On 4/12/07, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:

On the snapshot isos there is a NATA kernel available as /kernel.NATA.

i was trying 1.8.1 iso.

Maybe that's just a matter of adding the PCI ID, maybe it is more work. could you please check out what other operating systems did to support this NIC?

the problem is that when the bge module is loaded it prints a bunch of "fwohci0: xxx error message" . Consequently I can't understand what's the connection between bge and firewire.

While I use vim and cscope myself, I don't think they are essential tools on a plain live cd. I think our toolset is anyways outstanding, compared to other install CDs, especially considering the size of 80MB compressed. As soon as we include vim, somebody else will jump and ask for emacs.

For basic development, nvi and ctags are probably sufficient. AFAIR, our best developer also uses just nvi :)

maybe you are right. maybe it's a matter of opinion. now with nic not working and hence no internet connectivity there is no way i can get vim+cscope working (gnu tools not available). i can eventually get it working but the effort required will be considerable. it's just a request. developers are to decide.

cheers
kmb

--
Something is wrong up on cloud # 9!