Re: Request for swapcontext and getcontext to be ported to our libc

From: "Matt Emmerton" <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 00:11:03 -0500

> Noone? Im willing to pay up to $150 AUD ($110 USD, approx 80-90 euro)
> for those couple of functions + ensuring that PowerDNS-Recursor works
> after that. Please consider an estimate of how long its going to take
> and let me know(i suppose it might take only like 30 mins for some of
> you). Let me know your hourly charge. However keep in mind that i will
> always double check with other devs that im not being ripped off(not
> that im cheap, but i know you understand i dont do C thus i cant say how
> long its going to take...parents taught me to always be careful with
> money and all)

I've started working on this, using the FreeBSD implementation as a first
cut for DFly.

It was asked earlier on in the thread why FreeBSD used syscalls for this --
it's best to look at the commit comments for rev 1.9 of ucontext.h for their
reasons --
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/include/ucontext.h

I'll be following the FreeBSD lead for the first cut; I'll see what we can
do to improve on this in our world as a follow-on.

Regards,
--
Matt Emmerton