Re: Problem with ssh connection

From: Oliver Fromme <check+j7p1le00rs7qpvw4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Oct 2006 13:38:43 GMT

Vladimir Mitiouchev wrote:
 > David Cuthbert wrote:
 > > Matthew Dillon wrote:
 > > >     For that matter, for anyone who is serious about security, never
 > > >     allow a passworded login (ssh or otherwise) for ANY account.
 > >
 > > How do you log in at the console, then?
 >
 > Public key authorization with RSA?

How does that work on the console, exactly?  How do you
feed your public key into getty(8)?  I don't think that's
supported.

While I agree with Matt in general (i.e. disallow remote
logins with passwords), you still have to use passwords
for locally logging in at the console.  I think Matt just
forgot to add the word "remote" to his sentence.  This
thread is about ssh anyway.

Best regards
   Oliver