Re: Ncursesw & Unicode

From: "Vladimir Mitiouchev" <vovcia@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 23:20:38 +0000

On 10/9/06, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought we support wide chars in ncurses, though not all
functions, but I might be mistaken.  A first step would be finding
out what is needed and checking if that is possible to support
with our current infrastructure.
Configure program was searching for ncursesw, so I've compiled
devel/ncurses from pkgsrc with
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-widec

I don't know what wide-char functions cmus is using.
configure:      if check_library NCURSES "" -lncursesw
If all functions in gnu ncursesw are included in DF ncurses,
symlinking should be enough. I think. ;-)

If You want, i can check which functions from ncursesw are not
implemented in DF.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Vladimir Mitiouchev