Re: Qmail install success on 1.4; possible package bug?

From: Tim Darby <t-df@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:56:24 -0700

joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 09:22:27PM -0700, Tim Darby wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions!  I installed qmail totally manually, since I
didn't see a DFly package for it.

There is no binary package because it can't be build without patching and therefore the package is restricted.

Joerg

Joerg,

I noticed there is a binary package for Qmail now. Thanks! I tried it, but it seemed to only partially work. That is, it installed all the binaries, but qmail-send failed to start. Qmail-smtpd and Qmail-pop3d do start. When I looked into what was going on, I found that the installer had not created the file /var/qmail/queue/lock/sendmutex. Beyond that, it hadn't created any of the subdirectories or files under /var/qmail/queue. After manually creating sendmutex, I found that qmail-send still wouldn't start and that's when I noticed that lspawn and rspawn, which send depends on, weren't starting either. I haven't had time to figure out the problem with those and they don't give any errors when they fail.

Thanks again for the package work,
Tim