Re: starting pkgsrc services on 1.4

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:45:40 -0800 (PST)

    No wait, I take it back.  There is a chaining script already in
    our /etc/rc.d called /etc/rc.d/localdaemons.

    It isn't picking up the scripts because they do not have a .sh suffix.

    Sigh, that bites us in the ass again.  It was a bad idea to have
    non-.sh and .sh RC scripts.

    I am going to fix this in HEAD... that is, allow script directories
    listed in local_startup (/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d, /usr/local/etc/rc.d, etc)
    to not have a .sh option, but I just don't know whether it is a good
    idea to put in -RELEASE.  It could generate unintended side effects.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>