Re: D-BUS, anyone?

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:10:38 +0100

On 06.12.2005, at 19:58, Matthew Dillon wrote:
Well, the unplug/replug->panic issue with USB on FreeBSD is simply
due to the device being reattached but not being reinitialized properly,
so the driver winds up getting really confused. I fixed that in DragonFly
but I'm sure there are a ton of other potential panic situations that
we haven't covered. Device Drivers just aren't written with the concept
of the hardware getting ripped out from under them in mind.

If somebody is eager enough, I'm sure that this is fixable. Just all drivers which could potentially be removed (usb, sata?, firewire) would just have to have some kind of recovery/detach. But that's really not even secondary goal, and could need a proper design first.

cheers
  simon