Re: how do people play with different versions of DBSD on the same system?

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:12:23 -0700

Chris Pressey wrote:
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:25:40 -0700
walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bill Hacker wrote:
Bob Bagwill wrote:

How are people playing with different versions of DBSD on the same system?
[...]

- partition and slice your media into many (preferably equal sized) portions...
I like to point out at every opportunity that DragonFlyBSD is the
*only* BSD which can load the kernel from an extended DOS partition,
e.g. /dev/ad0s5a.  (This is because of our local modifications to
/boot/loader which (so far) have eluded the other BSD's.)

I have NetBSD installed on an extended partition, so I kind of doubt
your claim :P

Wow, that's Big News :o) How did you accomplish it? Has NetBSD imported our loader patches?

(OpenBSD has been telling everyone (for many years) to 'f*-off-and-
submit-patches' if their bootloader sucks -- which it does, IMHO.)