Re: No version tags on Preview?

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 18:23:35 -0700

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Dave Hayes wrote:

> Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2005 17:30:30 -0700
> From: Dave Hayes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Newsgroups: dragonfly.users
> Subject: Re: No version tags on Preview?
>
> wa1ter  <walt> writes:
> > I follow HEAD,
>
> I just supped to Dragonfly_Preview. What's the difference?

I can state without hesitation that I will defer to someone
who actually knows the answer -- I have NFI(TM)   ;o)

> It might be this hardware, and I may wind up being wrong, but at the
> current time the choice looks very clear to me. :)

I follow the unstable(HEAD) versions of NetBSD, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and
DragonFlyBSD -- for the same reason that a dog will lick his privates:
because I *can*   :o)

Your needs are more sophisticated than mine, judging from your posts.
I am not a computer professional, rather an advanced amateur who knows
just enough to get into Big Trouble(TM).

I also know enough to recognize a great talent and visionary when I see
one -- and Matt qualifies!

At any given instant, any project is likely to crap out because of silly
bugs which need attention.  DragonFlyBSD is no exception to this rule.

I'm in for the long haul, silly bugs notwithstanding, because I share
Matt's vision and I trust his judgement over my own.  I don't even
care if he crashes my machine now and then.  (But it hasn't happened
very often.)