Re: Interesting ubench scores for FreeBSD 4.11, 5.4, 6.0beta3 and DFly-Preview

From: Tomaž Borštnar <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 13:00:32 +0200

Kris Kennaway wrote:
Did you remember to disable the debugging features in FreeBSD 6
(WITNESS, INVARIANTS, malloc debugging)?

I commented all debugging features I could found.WITNESS and INVARIANTS for sure. How do I turn off malloc debug? I used the same practice for FreeBSD 6beta3 on amd64 yet it performed actually extremely well. I was pleasently surprised with the results for 64bit mode.

 If not, you're incurring a
significant (usually >30%) performance penalty, which is consistent
with your numbers.

Not sure about malloc stuff, but usual things were commented out. Can check kernel configs when I come back and post diffs to GENERIC here.

Tomaz