Re: UFS filesystem size limit

From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 03:46:01 +0100

A lot of cleanup has gone into the FreeBSD I/O path to make it clean for large storage volumes, especially UFS2.

Truely cleaning up the DragonFly I/O path, starting from system call level to the device level is more about ripping apart silly assumptions that haunt the code since 4.4BSD days.

Once it has been appropriately cleaned up, it should be no problem at all to bring in UFS2, minus features like snapshots which can be better chieved with some form of VFS journalling that Matt is working on at the moment.

				Hiten Pandya
				hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    FreeBSD's UFS2 can do larger filesystems now, but you would have
    to inquire on the FreeBSD lists as to the stability.