Re: metamail on pkgsrc - patch

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 14:47:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, September 2, 2005 11:02 am, Rahul Siddharthan said:
> "Steve O'Hara-Smith" wrote:
>>If this is a bad idea please let me know what to do with any other
>> patches
>>for pkgsrc I amy come up with.
>
> Since pkgsrc is becoming official, how about a dragonfly.pkgsrc
> list/group where users' patches can be submitted?  Joerg et al can
> then review them and feed them further upstream.

There's already several lists: pkgsrc-bugs, pkgsrc-bulk, pkgsrc-changes,
and tech-pkg.  Having an OS-specific list would be good for us as
DragonFly users, but it would add another list for the package maintainers
to watch.  Given the number of platforms supported, that could be a lot of
mailing lists...

We probably ought to talk directly on one of the pkgsrc lists.  Otherwise,
we're going to be ferrying concerns to one of our local lists and then
back over, and that's just messy.