pkgsrc bulk build results

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:00:17 -0700 (PDT)

I completed two pkgsrc bulk builds. The following is from the report it generated. (The first bulk build reporting didn't work.)

The actual count of packages I see on the system is 2851 packages. Some significant packages that were packaged:
apache 1
perl
xorg-server
thttpd
stunnel-4
ORBit2
Mesa
SDL (and many SDL-*)
afterstep
aspell
bash (2&3)
bluefish
cdparanoia
cdrecord (needs to be renamed to cdrtools)
curl
cvs
daemontools
db4
djbdns
docbook (and docbook-*)
elinks
enlightenment
evince
exim
fontconfig
gaim
gawk
ggv
ghostscript-afpl
ghostscript-gnu
gimp
gmake
many gnome packages
icewm
ircII
ispell-base
joe
jed
jove
kdelibs
libglade2
libgnome
lua
lynx
lyx-qt
mhonarc
mplayer
mutt
mysql-client
nautilus
nedit
nessus-core
openbox
openldap
openmotif
many perl modules
many python modules
python 1.5
python 2.3
python 2.4
qt3-libs
qt3-tools
rox
rsync
rxvt
samba 3
screen
scribus
sodipodi
solid-pop3d
spamassassin
speex
sqlite3
squirrelmail
swig
teTeX 2
teTeX-bin-3
ted
tuxpaint
unzip
vim
vim-gtk
vncviewer
webalizer
wget
windowmaker
xfce4
xorg
xpdf
xterm
zip

(Reminder to me: fix blackbox :)

I know for sure that many other packages will successfully package, but since running as non-root different, non-DragonFly, issues come up. (Soon I will start a build as root.)

This includes a few uncommitted patches.

        Build started:                  Mon Aug 29 19:45:33 2005 GMT
        Build ended:                    Wed Aug 31 03:36:14 2005 GMT

        Successfully packaged:          2902
        Packages really broken:         1037
        Pkgs broken due to them:        1270
        Total broken:                   2307
        Not packaged:                   314
        Total:                          2621

. ..

Top Ten Offenders

Package                    Breaks  Maintainer
lang/tcl                   139     jwise@xxxxxxxxxx
graphics/netpbm            103     adam@xxxxxxxxxx
lang/ruby18-base           75      taca@xxxxxxxxxx
x11/kdebase3               75      markd@xxxxxxxxxx