Re: Stable tag will be slipped Sunday and release engineering will begin Monday

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 06:28:28 +0800

0050405140241.GF1443@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <42530abe$0$717$415eb37d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Michel Talon wrote:

> I completely disagree with you. I couldn't care less that junk
> stays on my hard disk. With present day hundred gigabit disks
> leaving ten versions of a library is no problem at all.

Plentiful enough space to store ten versions of a library is also
one of the better arguments one cold make for doing more
of the compiles as static so the libs no longer matter once
the binary is built.

Lightens the versioning load, and has the side effect of
exposing just how efficiently (or not..) the tools are used.

Bill