Re: Current stable tag slip status

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:07:46 -0800 (PST)

:Or you could follow Gentoo's lead (some other Linux distros have also
:gone that way I think) and go with 2005.1, 2005.2 etc and then go to
:2006.1 etc (or even 2005.4 since it's released in April?)? Version
:numbers are pretty arbitrary anyway, so why not use something that makes
:sense to humans?Anyway, you can't get much worse than Sun's Java
:numbering scheme *G*

    Not a bad idea though that will create a problem if/when we branch
    and start maintaining two releases at once.

    At the moment I am loosely basing the release number half on the year
    and half on how far I think we've progressed through our goals set.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>