Current stable tag slip status

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:29:25 -0800 (PST)

    This is the current status for slipping the stable tag:

    make seg-fault              - fixed
    Opera/Firefox stalls        - fixed
    TCP 'sent too much' panic   - final testing of patch, will be fixed soon.
    Installer update		- final testing, will be committed tonight
    ppbus init panic 		- still diagnosing
	(reported by Joroen)
    IPV4 connection problems	- still diagnosing
	(reported by Peter Avalos)

    [I'm not including general hardware compatibility and interrupt routing
    issues as that is a long-term problem].

    The last two items require more diagnosis.  I need better date range info
    from Jeroen and a kernel core from Peter.  I expect Jeroen's ppbus
    issue can be fixed fairly quickly.  Peter's issue is harder (I don't think
    anyone else has been able to reproduce it yet).  I need a core from Peter
    to try to figure out what is going on.  I am beginning to suspect it is
    a resource blowout somewhere.

    I am not going to delay slipping the stable tag past wednesday.  If there
    are still undiagnosed bugs by wednesday we will have to fix-and-slip as
    we go.

    After the stable tag is slipped we will begin release engineering for
    a release prior to USENIX (which I will be at, BTW).  I am going to
    call this release 1.5 oweing to the fact that the big ticket journaling
    item isn't done.  The release date will be in early April.

    Then, tentatively, since so much progress is being made, the 2.0 release
    will likely occur in September.