Re: XFree86 port broken?

From: Stu <ceaser@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:08:44 +0000

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:06:37 -0800, walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, Stu wrote:
>
>> i tried a pkg_add -r xorg (which is broken + fails)
>> then a pkg_add -r XFree86 (which is also broken).
>
>I don't use binary packages, so I can only offer a guess:
>
>Whether you can successfully use a binary package may
>depend upon which version of the c++ libraries it was
>compiled with (i.e. 2.95.4 versus 3.4) *and* which
>version of the compiler you are using to build your
>system and the all the rest of your packages.
>
>Without more details and error messages it's impossible
>to tell.

nah the error I was getting was libXft relied on
the XFree86-libraries. but you cant install that
because the XOrg version is installed... and you go round
and round and round :)

(but the error for XFree86 was totally different).

-- stu  --
[FAQ] Write Your Own Operating System
    http://www.mega-tokyo.com/osfaq2