XFree86 port broken?

From: Raphaël Marmier <raphael@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Nov 2004 17:26:17 GMT

I am trying to build dfports/x11/XFree86-server after having installed
dfports/x11/XFree86-libraries

First, there is a problem with a patch: patch-xc::lib::font::fontfile
it prompts for the filenames to be patched and I had to open the
aforementioned file to get the filenames and feed them manually.

Second, soon after I run "make install" I get this:
Error: shared libray "X11.6" ... I give up

why, because it seems XFree86-libraries get installed with the minor
number in the filename (libX11.so.6.2) and ldconfig will see only the
libX11.so.6 one. Actually, all the lib files installed by this package
present the same problem.

I wrote a small script to symlink these libs to the proper format and
restart the make install. I get tons of error like this: warnings about __
FreeBSD_version. But then:

Third: /usr/libexec/binutils212/elf/ld: cannot find -lgnumalloc

After googling a lot I discover this FreeBSD.cf file in which the use of
gnumalloc is defined. As a result, I do this
setenv UseGnuMalloc NO
and retry make install

Fourth:

In file included from Imakefile.c:16:
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/Imake.tmpl:104: DragonFly.cf: No such file or
directory

Well, at this point I give up and I write this note to the group.

FYI I decided to installed XF86 rather than X.org because I saw in the
other posting that it can cause dependency problems later on (one post
mentions the mandatory use of portupgrade with special settings to
ignore XF86)
I tried the goBSD package but it freezes when I run it.

All this happens with the latest dfports and FreeBSD ports, and the OS
is at STABLE form 3 days ago.

what should I do now?

Raphael Marmier