Re: XFree86 port broken?

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:58:02 -0800

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Rapha=EBl=20Marmier=20 wrote:
.
.
.
> FYI I decided to installed XF86 rather than X.org because I saw in the
> other posting that it can cause dependency problems later on (one post
> mentions the mandatory use of portupgrade with special settings to
> ignore XF86)...

I don't know which post you are referring to, but I've been using X.org
for many months with no dependency problems.  (That is why I have no
recent experience with XF86, so I can't help you with that problem.)

The only 'special setting' I have is this line in /etc/make.conf:
X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg

X.org is the preferred X distribution for FreeBSD, so I don't think
they will do anything to make life difficult if you decide to use
X.org.  So far I have had no problems.