Re: /usr/src/games

From: Oliver Fromme <olli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Nov 2004 12:07:43 GMT

Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Are  /usr/src/games/*
 > really supposed to be part of the base system?

In my (personal) opinion, it _should_ be part of any oper-
ating system that calls itself "BSD".  It is a historical
part of BSD.  /usr/games existed in 2.8BSD (1981) and
possibly earlier (which I can't check right now, unfortu-
nately).

Apart from that, I don't think there is a good reason why
it should be removed.  Space considerations don't seem to
be a good reason, as the whole /usr/games directory is only
200 Kbytes, which is smaller than /bin/ls (on my FreeBSD 4
machine here anyway).

Just my 2 Eurocents.  ;-)

Best regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Konrad-Celtis-Str. 72, 81369 Munich, Germany

``All that we see or seem is just a dream within a dream.''
(E. A. Poe)