Re: NCURSES not done, and not going to mess with build system.

From: Tsume <tsume@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:20:25 -0500

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 03:33:29 +0800, Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Minor editing or patching to a Makefile is hard to avoid.
Major editing is less common.

Creating all-new Makefiles from scratch on anything as venerable as ncurses,
even after major source surgery, is a bit puzzling - at least to me.

Would it be unreasonable to ask for a recap of the changes
before the full-body is sent anywhere?

Bill Hacker

Hello,

How are you doing? I've looked on what changes there are for the version differences between 5.4 and 5.1. They've removed or implemented any of the methods which have /* not implemented */, added more functions (wide character support, screen manipulation, and much more). Its well worth the upgrade, but I feel it very inefficient how I've re rewrite the makefiles from scratch just because I don't have 3 hours just to write makefiles. I want to hack the generated makefile in the build, but I know it wouldn't be accepted because its not standard.

Heres a link to the NEWS in CVS
code-exec dot net slash ncurses-5.4 slash NEWS

all modifications since 20000708(5.1 Release)

I'm still waiting patiently on joerg to complete Wide Character support for DragonFly. *smile*

TSUME