Re: proposed addition for sys/raid/ips (ServeRaid) driver in order to support latest 6M cards from Adaptec

From: Tomaž Borštnar <tomaz.borstnar@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:59:46 +0200

YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
Hmm, looks to me like later reports are problems related to USB
drivers(the one you reported to bugs@).

Perhaps on i386, while amd64 beta2/beta3 snapshot from SESNAP works and panics while installing it on array (ufs panic in the middle of base installation). FreeBSD 5.3beta1/amd64 did not work even that much.

Yes, I will gladly test it if you prepare a better patch than my hack.

Ok, I assume you have a recent DragonFly snapshot CD to boot your e325 and
enable network so that you can build patched ips.ko somewhere else and copy
it over the network. As far as I tested, ips driver can be loaded via
kldload after booting into multi-user mode.
Ok, I will prepare it on another machine.

You can also install an IDE disk
to e325, install DragonFly on to it, and then hack the driver and replicate
the system onto the ServeRAID partitions.
Nope. Machine is sealed so I can only change SCSI hard disks on ServeRaid.

I might build a release ISO with this if first method fails. Been getting better and better at building FreeBSD releases while fighting with this machine :)

Tomaž