Re: proposed addition for sys/raid/ips (ServeRaid) driver in order to support latest 6M cards from Adaptec

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dragonfly-submit@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:24:08 +0900

Hi.

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 07:54:34AM +0200, Toma??? Bor???tnar wrote:
> Dont know how to make patches for this (yet) so I will just explain the
> solution. Latest batch of ServeRaid cards are now Adaptec made and have
> new vendor and device id. I have one such beast here - ServeRaid 6M with
>  256MB on board. FreeBSD 5.3 recognizes as 6M (marco). Anyway, the
> trick to make these cards work under FreeBSD 5.2.1 was just to add
> recognition of vendor 9005 and device 250 and they work under plain old
> ips driver.
>
> dfly installer cd prints this:
> pci5: <unknown card> (vendor=0x9005, dev=0x0250) at 8.0 irq 10

Yeah, our ServeRAID driver lacks recent important updates from FreeBSD-CURRENT
including newly supported controllers and a few bug fixes. The update
in FreeBSD-CURRENT also involves converting some of mutex operations into
sema_* and bio*, but I haven't managed to rewrite it using our native
thread APIs. Anyway, I can post a minimal patch(that is, not including my
experimental code to convert the mutexes and the semaphoe stuffs) to support
newer controllers if you like to try it.