Re: [gsoc 2011] - Interested in Implementing Userland IPC subsystem and VFS Quota

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:58:01 -0500

On Sun, February 27, 2011 6:37 am, Arjun S R wrote:
> Hi,
> I am graduate student interested in computer science especially in system
> programming. I went through the GSoC project list and I am interested in
> working on
> the following projects.
>
> 1) Userland System V Shared Memory / Semaphore / Message Queue
> implementation
> 2) VFS Quota system
>
> How can i proceed?
> Is there any qualification task?

We'll know if we're in Summer of Code as of March 18th; I'll be applying
when the organization applications open in a few days.  At that point, you
can propose a project to DragonFly (assuming we're accepted, of course.

Put details on what you want to do into that proposal.  Put in as much
detail as you can - a timeline on what you'll accomplish on a weekly basis
is necessary.  Example code would be good.

That document is both your plan to make it through the Summer of Code
program, and the way you show a mentor that your idea is going to work out
and be interesting.  Write it with that in mind.