Re: Source Control system results and discussion

From: "Jeffrey Hsu" <hsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 02:13:41 -0700

  > Furthermore maintaining the repos will consume time
  > of developers, so they stop coding ...

Developers only need to maintain 1 repo, whichever one they choose.

  > If we have two official SCMs we have to answer questions
  > about the handling/installation/$whatever on the lists for two systems.

People who have already learned git and are used to its eccentricities
can continue to use it.  New contributers who have yet to learn either
can pick whichever one is easier to learn, more uniform, and easier to
use.  The problem we're trying to avoid at all costs is to force new
committers to learn the counter-intuitive and poorly documented git command set.
That's what would really increase our new committer mentoring load.

								Jeffrey