Re: HAMMER update 23-Feb-2008

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dfly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:03:19 +0900

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 02:04:38PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     I am not quite calling for testing yet, but please feel free to play
>     around with it with the provisio that there is no crash recovery or
>     garbage collection code in-place yet.

I've been playing with it, and while it works nice when working on a small
amount of files, it often locks up(ctrl+T or ctrl+C won't work) during
a task like this (I've made sure that this has no problem writing on a UFS
filesystem)
# cpdup /usr/pkgsrc/. /mnt/HAMMER/.

I added a few kprintf()'s around tsleep()'s and wakeup()'s in
hammer_subs.c, and I found that it is often the case that it locked up,
tsleep() won't return (because I didn't see the kprintf() message after it)
after being woken up by hammer_lock_downgrade().  ctrl+alt+esc mostly
works, but it takes very long time to drop into DDB once it locked up.

Cheers.