Re: HAMMER update 10-Feb-2008

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:34:11 +0000

Adrian Chadd wrote:
Well, unless someone implements some kernel-space globbing support
(which would be nice for other reasons, alas..) then you may still be
stuck with similar issues.

*snip*

Per my off-list note, have gotten much of it cleaned up with scripting et al.

But the larger issue is indeed expanded globbing support *somewhere*.

And not just for new file systems, but old ones that have long-since outgrown the currently available resources.

Massive drive and name space isn't a lot of use if we are short matching utils to manage it well.

Bill